Skip to main content

Driftwood Inspirations!

Leaving the Princess of Swords lurking in the corner today,I thought i should get round to a photo of these wonderful driftwood finds that I have been drying out. I found the triangular frame shape on last Boxing Day (it took some catching as it was floating in a pool at the time,but I couldn't let such terrific potential pass me by and it was well worth the wet gloves and armaches-not to mention bemused glances-when I carried it all the way back! )and my lovely daughter found the other piece-she seems to have inherited my fascinations with found items when out walking,and at eight years old shows an impressive eye for such little treasures as this,she was so proud when she returned home and presented me with this one! It is wonderfuly worn and smooth so feels alive and warm to the touch. Both of these items are lurking in the hallway on the radiator to be sure they dry thoroughly and each time I pass by a new idea strikes,so watch this space!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gentle Connections

Mixed media on canvas. Birds appear so often in my work ...

New Artist Trading Cards for the collector in you... ;)

New ACEO designs just added to my ebay store. What are ACEOs???? ACEO is the acronym for "Art Cards Editions and Originals". An ACEO is a small piece of art that can be defined by it's convenient 2.5 x 3.5 inch size. (Standard trading card size) ACEOs are VERY different from trading cards however, because they are CREATED and traded or sold by artists. All my ACEOs are absolute ORIGINAL pieces of art! (Some artists choose to sell prints of their work -'editions' ) ACEOs are created in any medium available in the art world. Artists are creating them in ALL kinds of styles and varieties. There are no rules limiting the artist, outside of the size dimensions. ACEOs can be framed, propped, used as bookmarks,grouped together in larger frames......use YOUR imagination! Trading Card notebooks, sleeves and holders can all be used to display them. BECOME A COLLECTOR YOUR SELF OR BEGIN A COLLECTION AS A SPECIAL GIFT FOR A FRIEND TODAY-THE VARIETIES ARE ENDLESS! Please v

Work in Progress....

'Acceptance' is the working title for this piece....still in progress-I have been working on some other pieces also in the meantime, but did some work on this one out in the sunshine today and really got lost in the process...followed by a barbecue supper-just wonderful!